Blessings from Guadalajara

                                                    November 18, 2020 

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Dear Praying Friends,

     The worst is over and I am on my way to a changed, but good life. The doctor checked me after the hospital stay was thrilled at the results. The kidney damage is gone, my eyes have been thoroughly checked by an ophthalmologist who could see NO damage from diabetes, and my liver and pancreas are completely clear. The doctors now agree that it was a quick, recent crash because there is no permanent damage that would normally happen with an extended period of attack. Only God could have protected me through such a serious increase without any visible damage being done.

     I could never explain the encouragement and blessings I received during this trial. My family was concerned this would be a terrible shock to me. They often joke I go to the doctor only when someone threatens to call an ambulance. However, I have always tried to make the doctors aware of our family history concerning diabetes. When the doctor called and said "more than 600," I knew it was time to act. 

     At present I am on insulin injected twice a day, but decreasing nearly daily by small increments. I feel really well and are increasing activities each day. I still have a few bounces in rates by an increase or decrease in exercise, but am learning to foresee the the results in time to balance them out. The head of the department at the hospital foresees a day when I can at least go to pills as opposed to injections and the possibility eventually of no added insulin. I have lost 30 pounds and six inches from around my waist. It appears that my body is producing much of the insulin needed.

     God's people are always incredible.  YOU have been such a blessing that I could never express what a blessing you have been. The hospital bills was reduced and we were able to pay off the bill because of you. We have paid all of the bills because of your love and help. We are still amazed at how wonderful God has been through His people.

     Please continue to pray for our ministry and the great people we call our church family. While we were in Texas recuperating, the state here declared code red, and everything was closed again. It all opened once again but it reminds us that we are still in a hot spot. God is good for as far as we know, none of the deaf have been down with Covid 19. Many of our friends have gone through rough times in the States and of course we lost Ann’s brother to it. We are not able yet to reopen the church. We are staying in contact through social media. One of the greatest blessings for the deaf was the arrival of cell phones. It used to be that they (or we) had to travel across town to deliver a message or share fellowship. Now it is just a text message away. If not for that, we would be unable to check on any of them. We even had a good chat with Horacio and Lupe from Monterrey.

     Thank you for sharing from your hearts and your wallets. Without your help, I have no idea how we could have overcome the financial burden. May God richly bless you as you labor for Him

Gary and Ann Layne

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad to hear you're on the mend. We are praying for you.

Brother Terry
Arely Salgado said…
So grateful to know you are doing better! We will keep praying!

Popular posts from this blog

October Newsletter

MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2011