Planting the SEED

Dear Praying Friends,
     Thank you so much for praying concerning the witnessing opportunity today. I believe that God gave the victory. We arrived at the hospital and I quickly saw how ravaging cancer can be. Juan's mother could barely move although she is in her early 50's. She has had three operations in the month of May. Juan was not fully understanding the situation until his sister pulled him apart this week and told him the doctors have predicted five days or less.
     Juan was on one side of the bed and I on the other with his father nearby catching it all. I was able to give a simple presentation both in signs and voice with many Scriptures. Just as I was bringing the Scriptures to a close, I felt someone slip behind me. It was a nurse who checked everything so I kept on sharing. When she turned to leave I noticed she had a syringe and had injected it into the IV. In just a few seconds, the mother's eyes started to roll and they were unfocused. I paused a few minutes to see if she would recover or if it would put her to sleep. She eventually gathered her senses but she was still groggy. I summarized the Gospel again andI asked if I could pray for her and she responded quickly,"Yes." I repeated a short version of salvation in the prayer and then stepped outside the room to give the family a moment.
     Why not push for a decision? I felt the Holy Spirit say wait. Earlier when I mentioned John 14:6 that Christ was the only way to Heaven, her eyes perked up and she nodded differently than at any other time. Juan is returning to town now and has promised to follow through. He will review with her what I taught and ask if she has made a decision. I really felt that a shot of morphine and the most important decision of Eternity do not mix.
     I am thrilled to be able to do as God commanded and give the Gospel, clearly and plainly. I would be thrilled beyond explanation if Juan is able to get her to actually make the decision when she is clear minded. I told Juan that I planted and maybe God will allow him to water. He smiled from ear to ear. Please do continue to pray for "Juan's mom" and family. Thank you so much for caring.
Gary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Newsletter

MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2011