Surgery Success

Dear Praying Friends,
     Thank you so much for your prayers. It took about an hour for the surgery and everything, including the outcome, appears to be a great success. yesterday, we went into town for the final pre-op appointment so we stayed with Cheyenne. At that office visit, the doctor explained some of the procedures to greater detail and questioned Ann at length. He explained that the radio frequency would NOT be used to cut, but rather was inserted like a needle which would vaporize a  hole inside the area. As that area heals, it will shrink because of less material inside. He reduced the soft palate, the area around the uvula, the back of the tongue, opened the passages in the nose and straightened a deviated palate. His record of success in these cases is 85%. He told me HIS expectation for the surgery was to remove one and possibly reduce the second medicine I take for high blood pressure. He feels that we have wrongly assumed that my problem was high altitude (partially correct) but that the altitude affected my because I could not extract enough oxygen from the thinner air due to blockage. I may or may not need a CPAP afterwards
     I have minor leakage from my nose but no rolls of packing as in earlier years. He said pain could set in
 later. However, I am home and fine with no pain medicine and have breathed better than in ?? years until I traveled home in the night air. Hopefully in a few days I can finish this story with a permanent ending.
     God bless you for caring and for praying. May this enable me to better serve Him.
Gary














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Newsletter

MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2011